Sunday, May 18, 2008

New Baggallini for Disney World!! A review. :D

I am so super excited right now! I just ordered my new black Baggallini Messenger bag for our Disney World trip this fall! It should be here in just a few days!!!
'What's a Baggallini?', you're probably wondering. Well, it's only the very best travel bag I have ever used. And I have used a lot! lol Seriously, I used to shop for good WDW travel bags before every trip. And sure, I found some that worked okay. But then, before the next planned Disney trip, I was out looking for another bag.

Then it happened... In the summer of 2006 I purchased a purple Baggallini Messenger in rip-stop nylon. I had meant to save it for our January 2007 WDW trip, but decided to go ahead and use it that summer for our other road trips, since I was excited to try it out!

And oh my gosh... It is the most wonderful bag!

This is taken from my previous review from 12/2006:

"
I loved carrying it! Now every time we go on a trip of any kind I take my Baggallini. It's perfect for in the car, and for when we actually get to our destination. You see, I am a collector. When I see brochures, maps, freebies of any sort, I simply MUST pick them up to add to my 'collection'. So I have to carry some type of bag to make it easier on DH - since he would be the one carrying all of my new additions. Plus, I like to have my iPod, some candy/gum/snacks, lip gloss, sunglasses, phone, money/change, important cards, pens, a small notebook to journal in, a guidebook of where ever we're going, etc. And there's a place for everything - no digging around to find lip gloss, or some change for a coin press. I also like the way it looks. It makes me feel like I'm going on an adventure! Another reason why I like the Baggallini is because the 'water-proof' ones are REALLY water-proof! I know this from experience! While on our way to Nashville a couple of weeks ago, we had stopped at a rest stop to potty and get some snacks - we were already tired of the ones we had brought! Anyway, I had carried my Baggallini in the rest area with me. While we were choosing our snacks from the machine, an absolute downpour started. We were going to wait it out, but after about 10 minutes, we decided to just go ahead and get back on the road. Even though we weren't parked very far away, we still got absolutely SOAKED on our way back to the car. I mean we were drenched! It looked like we had fallen into a swimming pool with our clothes on! So, to make a long story a little bit shorter , when I opened my Baggallini to get my journal out, everything inside was completely dry. Not even a drop of water got in. I think that's great for rides like Splash Mt. I don't know how well it would do on something like Kali - if you were on the side that gets 'the big one', but for all the other rides, no worries."

Now the purple bag has been to Williamsburg/Busch Gardens several times, various road trips to Nashville, Atlanta, and Chattanooga. And Disney World, of course!

I opted to get a new black bag when I got an e-mail with a code to get it for just $20 shipped! I had been wanting to get the black one for some time, so that I could decorate the zippers with some of my stitched Mickey charms:

I think those are going to look sooo cute on the zippers of the black Baggallini!

For those of you that are curious as to what I keep inside the bag on a Disney World trip...

-Cash
-Coins for Penny Presses
-Poncho
-iPod
-Gum and some peppermint Lifesavers
-Key to the World Card, Driver's License, Debit Card, AAA Discount Card
-Chapstick
-Passpockets from my WDW Passporter (Sometimes I would carry the whole book)
-Official maps for all parks
-Pen and pad of paper or journal
-A small binder that had menus for all counter service and snack locations, DDP snack list, souvenir/shopping list, Penny Press checklist and a bunch of other stuff printed off
-Cell phone
-My lovely WDW bucket hat :)

Those are just the basics I carry with me at WDW. Sometimes I also had the camera, refillable mug, souvenirs, and/or Pal Mickey in my bag. I was even able to stuff a light fleece jacket in there as well!

And, like I mentioned earlier, everything has a place. There are plenty of pockets and zippers to store things. That's one of my favorite features. One of my favorite pockets is the one on the back:

This was great for storing receipts until I got the chance to put them in the Passpockets at the end of the day. And for quick access to maps and other papers that I collected during the day.

I liked storing my cell phone in the velcro pocket on the side. I could answer it quickly when it rang, and I could feel it vibrating, so I never missed a call from home!

And then there's the pocket on the shoulder strap...

"The little pocket on the strap is just genius! I used it to carry my Key to the World card, FASTPASSES, and my sun-glasses clip when we went inside an attraction. I never had to dig around for my KTTWC when we were getting a FASTPASS, and I didn't have to dig around for my FASTPASS when it was time to use it. I just unzipped the zipper, pulled out what I needed, and ta da! I didn't even have to turn the bag around or off my shoulder! Perfect!

Speaking of my shoulder... My shoulder never got sore, and I'm always the one who carried it. And I liked carrying it, too! It made me feel like I was going off on some wonderful adventure all the time! lol (And at WDW, I really was!)"

Oh! And as far as getting dirty. It doesn't. Every thing that I have gotten on mine has wiped clean off. And I even washed it when we got back from WDW, since I was washing everything else it seemed like, and it was good as new! I didn't put it in the dryer though!

So... Yea... I highly recommend this bag. I have no complaints about it whatsoever. It's perfect and fun for a trip to Walt Disney World! There are several places to buy them online: eBags, ShoeBuy, and Amazon are a few of the places that I've seen them.

If you have any questions about my Baggallini or Walt Disney World, please feel free to ask away! :D