Sunday, March 8, 2009

Por Favor Mantenganse Alejado de las Puertas

On the very first trip I took to Disney World when I was about 8 years old, I very distinctly remember riding the monorail back to the Ticket and Transportation Center, after a wonderful, exciting day at the Magic Kingdom.

I was sitting at the window, and was able to look out at Cinderella's Castle, as it shifted colors in the darkness. I couldn't take my eyes off of it. The monorail came to a stop in the lobby of the Contemporary Resort; I could see the top of the Chef Mickey's sign, rising up above the entrance to the restaurant. I could hear people bustling about down below. I couldn't believe the monorail had just entered into the lobby of a hotel! All too soon, we were off again. The next stop was the TTC. My family and I walked slowly down the exit ramp. I gazed up as the monorail glided off to it's next destination, Disney's Polynesian Resort.


And mingled in among all of this...
I remember a friendly voice... "Please stand clear of the doors." "¡Por Favor Mantenganse Alejado de las Puertas!" You hear that, and you know you are there.

My huge love for the monorail, and this particular memory, was the inspiration for this new bracelet.

Handmade using seed beads, Swarovski crystals, and silver plated chain and findings.

It's a sweet reminder of all the wonderful places the monorail can take you.

Be whisked away to exciting early morning breakfasts filled with Mickey waffles, breakfast pizza, and lovable characters. Fancy afternoon teas filled with elegant china, fluffy scones, and delicate swan pastries. Tropical Polynesian luaus with daring fire dancers and dancing hula girls. And, one of the most important destinations... A Magic Kingdom filled with pirates, princess, ghosts, spaceships, fairies, Wishes... And a castle.
All just a monorail ride away.

I hope this bracelet will serve as a happy little reminder for you all as well.

Have a magical day!