Thursday, January 1, 2009

Hello, 2009!

Wow! Where in the world did last year go??? They just keep going faster and faster, huh? lol

The past few weeks have gone especially fast. We've had family in town from everywhere for the holidays. It's been a really fun, although super busy, Christmas break for me.

Today I've finally had a chance to sit down and work on some new Valentine's Day items:

Hehe... That's a little peak at the beads I'm using for these new items. I just got waaaayyy too busy this holiday season to list the Christmas goodies in my shop in time for anyone to actually get them in time for Christmas. So, I'm saving those for next year, and going ahead with the Valentine treats! They will hopefully be up next week.

I'm trying something sort of new with these Valentine charms. (Hint, hint! Hehe...) A new line of little gifts for people to buy when they just need a little something unique, and aren't able to spend a lot of money for the whole gift and everything. I'm really excited about them, and I have a bunch if ideas. It's just a matter of finding time to actually work on them!

As for the big project I blogged about earlier... I don't know when that will ever get finished. Lately, I'm learning more and more about the sorts of projects that I like working on, and about the style of goodies that I like creating. I have found that I like the sweet and simple items the best.

I love being able to finish up something during an evening spent watching So Dear to My Heart, and sipping cinnamon vanilla cream hot chocolate. (Which is what I plan on doing tonight!) Or something that I can easily take to work to play around with during a movie day. It isn't that I don't put as much love and attention into these smaller projects. It's just that I know I can share more of my treasures if they are on a smaller scale. I also love having a nice variety of things for people to chose from.

What are your thoughts on this?

Hmm... I'm quite in the mood for some beading now! (And hot chocolate!)

I hope you are all having a wonderful 2009 so far!