Saturday, November 28, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving! Two days late!

I hope everyone had a lovely Thanksgiving! Mine was wonderful! Good food, family, and lots of entertainment, compliments of my Sweet Baboo. (I can't believe how smart he is, at only 2 years old!)

I've been using my time off the past few days to work on a completely new technique. For me anyway. Perhaps somewhere out there, someone else is making beads in this same way, but for me, it's completely new. And I stumbled upon it by accident, which is always exciting! Right now I'm still perfecting my method, so to speak, but I hope to have some jewelry using these beads posted in my shop soon! It's quite a detailed process, but the finished beads are turning out so awesome! I love that it's giving me a chance to use some of my decorative, scrapbook, and handmade papers for my jewelry! I've also had my eye on some of the K&Co Amy Butler papers for these as well. So many possibilities for these little treasures!

And now I'm off for more creating! I hope you all have a lovely fall weekend filled with apples and caramel dip, and crunchy leaves under your feet!