Saturday, July 5, 2008

Busy and excited and busy and excited and...

Now this has been such a wonderful week!

It all started last Friday night when I was on the computer, looking for movie times for Wall E. While I was doing that, I popped into my shop to see how things were going. :D I noticed that one particular item was getting a LOT of views. I jokingly thought to myself, Oh, maybe it's on the front page. I should go look. I giggled at myself, because I never dreamed that I was really on the front page. lol So I go check the front page anyway. AND I'M ON THE FRONT PAGE! I was actually on the front page Friday!!!

And it is such a beautiful treasury, too! The kind of treasury I've always thought it would be so cool to be in! Beautiful bright colors, awesome items... I STILL can't believe I was on the front page of Etsy!

See my little yellow heart brooch there? With all those other gorgeous items? I'm just tickled pink!

Then on Saturday, my Mom and Dad put some shelves up in the studio. And it looks awesome now! I love it so much! I can have all my things spread out, and I have so much room to work now!

Oh, i just love it! We've been talking about doing that for a long time now. I'm so glad to finally have it finished!

I also got a hair cut on Monday! I think she cut off about a foot and a half! It feels so much better now. And my curls are super curly now with all that weight off of them! And it's that cool length that you can still put in a cute ponytail, or do all other kinds of neat things to it!

I just realized I don't have a new haircut picture! lol I'll get one later!

We're also going to get a new kitten soon! We're still looking for the right one. When we find her we'll know!

And, in some crafty news... I've been working on a new line of scented beaded cupcakes.

They're meant to be like little sculptures, or decorations. Just something cute and fun to have sitting at your desk, or on your party table.

I've been working on a beaded cupcake with swirly icing for a while now. I think I really like how this one turned out. I may do a little work on the bottom cake part, but over all I'm quite happy with it!


This one is approximately 1 1/8" tall. Scented with Fresh Raspberry fragrance. (I just used whatever bead colors and scent I had handy! Hehe..)

I plan on adding some fun little sprinkles, cherries, and other toppings when they finally go up for sale. Right now I'm just trying to get the shape, and the icing right.

I've got some adorable little packaging for them, too! And I've been told that they would make wonderful, unique birthday party favors or gifts!

We all know what I'll be working on next week! lol